At St Columba’s College, we seek
to guide faith-filled discernment,
and empower learners
who are compelled to action,
in our hope for a just world.
We are an inclusive Catholic school for young women, guided by the educational mission of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. Our evolving story is bound by the ties of the enduring tradition of the past, the rich work of the present and our hope for the future. With God at the centre in our call to love one another, we are committed to developing:
Faith, Justice and Compassion;
Curiosity and educational endeavour;
The dignity of the human person;
Stewardship of creation
GOVERNANCE - MARY AIKENHEAD MINISTRIES
St Columba’s College is under the governance of the Mary Aikenhead Ministries (MAM) education arm, Mary Aikenhead Education. As a MAM college, St Columba’s College aims to serve the community by providing a high-quality Catholic education within the wider context of Catholic Education in Australia.
Mary Aikenhead Education is the steward to the College, providing leadership in mission, advancing Catholic education, supporting and promoting the charitable efforts of the College, and strengthening the commitment to educating girls in the Catholic tradition.
St Columba’s is committed to the mission of Mary Aikenhead Ministries, enacting the values of love, hope, compassion and justice through the governance structure of the College.
St Columba's College is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy:
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others' beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the College community regardless of background.